I’m back again with another easy (and budget friendly!) recipe! So here it goes, round two of my Meals for Cooking Newbies. A few weeks ago I shared my recipe for pasta with spinach in a red sauce. Today’s recipe is SUPER easy and perfect for summer time…
Quinoa veggie mix
- Red Bell Pepper
- Corn (canned)
- Black Beans (canned)
- Lime juice
- Boil a pot of water over medium/high heat.
- Cook quinoa according to box instructions, stirring occasionally.
- While the quinoa is cooking, cut up the red bell pepper into small chunks.
- Once the quinoa is done, drain any leftover water and return the pot to the stove top.
- Since canned black beans and corn are precooked, simply open the cans and drain the liquid. Combine both veggies into the pot of quinoa.
- Add the red bell peppers and put cilantro on top.
- Squeeze a little bit of lime juice to the combination…and voila!
This meal is both colorful and delicious! It combines all of my favorite vegetables and is the perfect light summer meal. Again, like all my recipes shared here…it is super easy! Try it out for yourself and tell me what you think!
*As with this and all future posts, I am NOT a chef and do not claim to be an excellent cook. These are simply meals that I have come up with to get by on my budget!*