Recently I was nominated for a Liebster Award by two different bloggers Midwest Beauty on a Budget & La Vie en Zoe! I am so honored to be nominated by both of these amazing blogs and I am excited to accept this award. The Liebster Award is a great way to discover new blogs and engage with others in the blogging community.
First, the rules of the Liebster Award:
1. Thank and link the person/people who nominated you.
2. Display the Liebster Award and the rules.
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
4. Write 11 facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers).
6. Write 11 new questions for your nominees.
Let’s get started!
11 Questions from Michelle/Zoe:
1. Why did you start blogging and what advice would you give to new bloggers?
I decided to start my blog as a project/creative outlet for me to work on after graduation. I was an English major so this blog allows me to do what I love, read and write! The best piece of advice that I have for new bloggers is to plan ahead. I started thinking about my blog in January, developing a list of over 100 blog post ideas before I even set up a webpage. This has made it so much easier for me to start and keep the momentum going on my blog. Whenever I am feeling stuck I have tons of options at my disposal. Planning my blog in advance has also allowed me to really focus on the direction that I want to take All Shook Up.
2. If happiness were currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Honestly, there are so many different career paths that I think would make me happy. If I could choose the ultimate job that would make me happy it would be blogging full time while living in Australia in a little cottage along the beach.
3. If you could have dinner with one person (historical or famous), who would it be and why?
It would have to be Grace Kelly. She was a model, actress, princess, and a fashion icon. I would love to ask her questions about all the fascinating aspects of her life. Particularly about her work with Alfred Hitchcock. Grace Kelly is still remembered for her class and style and I cannot imagine a better person to meet for dinner.
4. If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
I would travel back to Sydney, Australia, sit in the sand on Bondi Beach, and watch the sunset.
5. Where do you want to travel most?
It has been a dream of mine since I started taking French in middle school to visit Paris. I hope to one day fall in love with the city.
6. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
One piece of advice that has stuck with me most recently is the 7 Cardinal Rules. It is straight to the point, a little tough love, but an often necessary reminder.
7. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you?
Last semester at Bucknell I suffered from a concussion. It was so bad that I had to leave school and go home for a week to sit in the darkness and slowly recover. Trust me when I say I would never wish a concussion on anyone, you cannot do anything except wait and heal. Three of my friends sent me chocolate covered strawberries and the sweetest note hoping that I felt better soon. I was so touched by this gesture, it was unexpected and incredibly caring. It is not the fact that my friends bought me a gift, but instead that they went out of their way to say they were thinking of me. It truly made my whole day. I started crying when I read the note and couldn’t help but think how lucky I am to have such amazing friends.
8. What is your order at Starbucks?
I am a Dunkin Donuts girl. My favorite order is the classic hazelnut coffee with a little cream and sugar. Simple but always delicious.
9. What is your favorite movie?
This is a tricky one, I have lots of favorite movies. It is probably a tie between Clueless, The Wedding Date, Dodgeball, Sixteen Candles, Bachelorette, and Bridget Jone’s Diary. Sorry it is too difficult to pick an absolute favorite!!
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This was somewhat answered in #2 & #4. I would love to live in a house along the beach in Sydney, Australia (preferably Bondi or Bronte!)
11. What is your guilty pleasure TV show?
It is a tie between Real Housewives of New Jersey & Here Comes Honey Boo Boo!
11 Facts about Me
- Autumn is my favorite season.
- I love to sing in the car…but only when I am alone.
- I played clarinet in middle school.
- I have a red car which my friend Katie helped me name Fiero.
- I am a member of Delta Gamma. DG was a huge part of my college experience.
- I can roll my tongue but I cannot make the clover shape.
- I love to fall asleep during thunderstorms, I somehow always sleep more soundly.
- I was a huge Nancy Drew fan as a kid and had an entire bookcase filled with all of her adventures.
- I love quotes, which is partly why I started Wordy Wednesday!
- I am not a messy person per se, my stuff is in a form of disarray I like to call “organized clutter”.
- I am a Scorpio, and truly believe that it explains for many of my traits.
- Emily of life of Emily
- Sydney of Sydney Luella
- Shontal of The Preppy Scientist
- Sara of magical musings
- Katelyn of Twelved-toed Traveler
- Rachel of Hey Its Rach
- Felecia of Hello Felecia
- Allison of allisonleighann
- Allie of Day by Day
- Chelsea & Leah of Life, Love, and Coffee Stains
- Lizzie of October June
11 questions for my nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- How did you decide on the name for your blog?
- What advice do you have for new bloggers?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your dream job?
- What’s your favorite philanthropy/charity?
- What is your life motto?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- Vanilla or chocolate?
- What is one beauty product that you swear by?
- If you were on a deserted island and could only bring one book, what would you bring?
I would love to see your award posts if you decide to accept my nomination! Just leave your post link in the comments below.